Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic, Goat Cheese and Toasted Walnuts
Prep: 10 mins | Oven: 200 °C / 400 °F
“BITTER BALSAMIC REDUCTION ON TOP”
Acknowledgment: Kudos to Valerie’s Kitchen!
- 1-2 bunches fresh asparagus, ends snapped off
- Olive oil, as needed
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 walnuts, roughly chopped
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Arrange the asparagus on rimmed baking sheet, drizzle lightly with olive oil and season to taste with salt. Roast asparagus until just barely fork tender, approximately 8 to 10 minutes. The cooking time will vary based on the thickness of the asparagus so watch closely to avoid overcooking.
- Meanwhile, add balsamic vinegar to a small heavy saucepan. Heat over medium heat until boiling. Keep at a low boil, while stirring, until it reduces by half. Set aside. It will thicken considerably as it cools.Place walnuts in a dry non-stick pan and heat over medium low heat, till lightly toasted. Remove from heat and set aside. When they’ve cooled slightly, transfer them to a cutting board and coarsely chop.
- Transfer roasted asparagus to a serving dish. Sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese and toasted walnuts. Drizzle balsamic reduction over the top and serve.