Jalapenos with cilantro sauce
Prep: 10 mins | Oven: 200 °C / 400 °F
“EXPLOSION IN A CRISP PEPPER”
Acknowledgment: Kudos to TheWickedNoodle! View the link for larger quantities. I just made a couple here to test. You can vary the volume according to the number of jalapenos.
- Jalapenos, cut in half with seeds and membranes removed
- 2-3 tablespoons, softened cream cheese to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sharp white cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1-2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 bunch cilantro, stems removed
- Half clove garlic
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 t ground chipotle pepper (optional)
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Mix together cheeses and bacon. Fill peppers with mixture and place on baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or (an extra 5 mins) until just starting to brown on top.
- Meanwhile, put garlic and cilantro into food processor and pulse to finely chop. Add lime juice and olive oil (and ground chipotle pepper, if using) and process until a sauce forms. Add more oil if necessary until you reach desired consistency (sauce should have some body to it). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place jalapenos on serving platter and top with approximately 1 teaspoon sauce on each pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!