Roasted Baby Eggplant
Prep: 10 mins | Oven: 230 °C / 450 °F
“OH BABY, TANGY AND SOFT”
Acknowledgment: Kudos to MyRicpes! Favorite recipe of the week! I added truffle honey as a swirl, or you can use honey. I recommend always having truffle sea salt and truffle honey on hand though 🙂
- 2 baby- medium Japanese eggplants (if you have more people, then bake more!)
- 2 lemons
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 6 sprigs fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- A slice or 2 of feta, for serving
- Truffle honey or plain honey
- Heat oven to 450° F.
- Slice each eggplant in half lengthwise, cutting only about 3/4 of the way through so the eggplant halves remain attached at the top. Arrange the eggplants in a baking dish at least 2 inches deep, or higher.
- Thinly slice 1 lemon. Squeeze the juice from the remaining lemons. Insert the lemon slices into the slit in each eggplant, then press some garlic and oregano into each slit. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the eggplants with the lemon juice and oil.
- Cover with foil and roast, basting frequently with the juices in the dish, until the eggplants are very soft, about 40 minutes. Remove foil and roast for 5 more minutes.
- Transfer to individual plates and top with the pan juices and Feta. Then, swirl around some olive oil and truffle honey (or just honey).