Caesar Salad with Chick
Prep: 20 mins | Cooking: 5 mins
“ANCHOV CAESAR CLASSIC”
Acknowledgment: Kudos to Bon Appétit for their delicious dressing!
- 6 anchovy fillets packed in oil, drained
- 1 small garlic clove
- Kosher salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (I used 1 tablespoon, which is more than the original recipe)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 romaine hearts, leaves separated (chopped how you like it)
- Chicken breast (cut into small little pieces)
- Parmesan, for serving
- Chop together anchovy fillets, garlic, and pinch of salt. Use the side of a knife blade to mash into a paste, then scrape into a medium bowl. Whisk in egg yolks, 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, and mustard. Adding drop by drop to start, gradually whisk in olive oil, then vegetable oil; whisk until dressing is thick and glossy. Whisk in Parmesan. Season with salt, pepper, and more lemon juice, if desired. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead.
- In saucepan on low heat stove, place a little bit of oil, 1/2 lemon, a squeeze of honey, pepper and salt. Cook for about 5 mins until chicken starts to brown slightly.
- For serving, it is important to put about half of the dressing in the salad, and mix it through. Then place the chicken on top, before pouring the other half on top. Add some parmesan to finish!