Egg Brown Rice
Prep: 5 mins | Cooking: 30 mins
“EGGY EASY RICE”
- 1 cup medium- or long-grain brown rice (make 3 cups of rice)
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- sesame seeds (handful)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- Strainer or colander
- 1 small pot with tight-fitting lid
- Place the rice in a large strainer or colander and rinse it thoroughly under cool water. There is no need to dry the rice before cooking.
- Add the 1 cup of rice to the pot, with 2 cups of hot water from the tap and the stir through the salt. Put the lid on the pot and let it simmer for 20 mins. Turn the stove off and keep the lid on for another 10 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, break two eggs into a small cup and whisk them with a fork. Put a little bit of oil olive in a shallow saucepan and scramble the eggs. As the egg cooks with a wooden spoon chop the egg into small little pieces. Once cooked, add the rice to the saucepan that has the eggs, with a handful of sesame seeds and 1/4 cup of soy sauce. Stir through on medium heat until the ingredients infuse and the rice is hot.