Tuna Zucchini Pasta
Prep: 15 mins + Tri Blade Vegetable / Zucchini Spiralizer + 3 saucepans | Cooking: 15 mins
“DON’T FEEL GUILTY NOW WITH LOW CARB PASTA”
- 2-3 medium Pattypan Squash (or Zucchini) per person. You can make this with Zucchini or Squash, or normal pasta if you like.
- 4 mushrooms per person
- 1/3 cup cream per person
- 1/4-1/2 red small chilli per person (if in USA and the red one is hard to find, then the orange chilli is fine)
- 5 cherry tomatoes per person, then halved (any type of mini tomatoes will do though)
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Cut the garlic / chilli into small pieces and drain your tuna.
- Cut the top/bottom off your yellow squash, so flat and put them through the spiralizer (see photo below). In a saucepan, drizzle some olive oil and cook the zucchini spirals for 1 min. As soon as you put in the squash, then get started on the pasta sauce. Place in 1/3 of cup of water and cook for 7 mins.
- Get your mushrooms started in separate saucepan. Add some butter, and cook on low-medium heat, with some salt and pepper, as you cook your sauce.
- In a small saucepan, place the cream, garlic and chilli – low to medium heat so your cream doesn’t burn. Place the halved cherry tomatoes in. Then, add the tin of tuna. Continue to stir, so everything infuses for about 5 mins. Add some pepper and salt. (depending on the temperature of your sauce).
- Add the mushrooms to the sauce and stir around.
- Drain the squash pasta, and add it to a bowl for serving. Poor in the creamy chilli sauce and place the tuna and cherry tomatoes on top. Add some large pieces of parmesan to finish!