Prawn and Creamy Zucchini Pasta
Prep: 15 mins Tri Blade Vegetable / Zucchini Spiralizer | Cooking: 15 mins
“DON’T FEEL GUILTY NOW WITH LOW CARB PASTA”
- 2 medium zucchinis per person. You can make this with Zucchini or Squash, or normal pasta if you like.
- 5 prawns / shrimp (tail on, peeled and deveined) per person
- 1/3 cup cream per person
- 1/4-1/2 red small chilli per person (if in USA the red one is hard to find, then the orange chilli is fine)
- 5 cherry tomatoes per person, then halved (any type of mini tomatoes will do though)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Cut the garlic / chilli into small pieces and get your prawns ready.
- Cut the top/bottom off your zuchinni, so flat and put them through the spiralizer (see photo above).
- In a saucepan, drizzle some olive oil and cook the zucchini spirals for 1 min. As soon as you put in the Zucchini, then get started on the pasta sauce. Place in 1/3 of cup of water and cook for 7 mins.
- In a small saucepan, place the cream, garlic and chilli -low heat so your cream doesn’t burn. Place the halved cherry tomatoes in. Continue to stir, so it infuses for about 5 mins. Add some pepper and salt. Add the prawns and a sprinkle of parmesan and cook for another 2-4 mins (depending on the temperature of your sauce). Squeeze some lemon.
- Drain the zucchini pasta, and add it to a bowl for serving. Poor in the creamy chilli sauce and place the prawns and cherry tomatoes on top. Add some large pieces of parmesan to finish!