Prep: 45 minutes | Cooking: 8-10 minutes for the hard boiled egg.
This is all about texture, and the perfect sweet and salty combo oozes in your mouth!
Acknowledgment: Kudos to my mum (family favorite).
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- Little salt
- White ground pepper
- 1 carton sour cream
- Red and black caviar
- Take 4 hard boiled eggs, whilst still hot/warm chop finely and mash with a tiny bit of soft butter and tiny bit of sour cream, some white ground pepper (you don’t want black specks through it) and a very small sprinkle of salt. By tiny, I mean start with a scant teaspoon of each, mash and look at the consistency. You don’t want it runny, but you want it sticking together when you pat it down firmly in a dish so it won’t separate and fall off the biscuit.
- Form a circle (taste it, make sure it is tasty and not salty). The caviar is salty enough remember!
- Beat about three-quarters of the carton of sour cream with half a small white onion that has been chopped really finely. Adjust how much onion (you don’t want the onion to overpower it). Add a very small sprinkle of white pepper. Then, I spread it on top of the egg mixture what I think is enough (you can have some left over of that as well and eat is separately) .
- Place the red and black caviar in stripes.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley to decorate.